Thursday, November 1, 2012

Interview with Paranormal Author Jodie Pierce


 



First of all, welcome Jodie. Thank you for being with us today.

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I am 37 years old and live with my hubby John in Cleveland, Ohio. I've been writing since high school and have been fascinated with vampires just as long. My favorite holiday is Halloween which I think is even better than Christmas for me. I've been traditionally published since 2009 and have a few self published titles out there as well. I'm very family oriented. When I'm not writing,  I'm with my family.

2. Can you tell us about your current release?

Demise of the Vampire Queen is the third installment of my Vampire Queen Trilogy. The Queen/Countess has been pushing her weight around for centuries and those around her have decided she's finally gone too far. This is the story about her final plans and the plans of others to dethrone her.

3. Have you always written paranormal?

I've always written paranormal. In high school, I started writing romance but quickly left it because straight romance was boring to me. Now I include romance in my paranormal and I'm liking the match. I just wrote a contemporary paranormal erotica book and that was my first attempt at contemporary.

4. What inspired you to write this book?

 The Vampire Queen was my baby, my first real story of substance that I slaved over. After the second one, I thought it'd be fun to have a trilogy so I wrote this one to kind of tie things up.

5. On your  THE VAMPIRE QUEEN1 blog, you mentioned that you've had a
fascination with vampires since childhood. Can you tell us more?

 I don't remember how it started, I just remember being a child in elementary school, in the sweltering summer, in bed with a tank top and shorts on with a sheet wrapped around my neck thinking the vampires couldn't get me that way. I was never afraid of them and later wished to become one but have always had a sort of romance with them in my mind.

6. What else have you written and where could we find them?

I've written: The Vampire Queen (book 1), The Vampire Chronicles (Book 2), Condemned by a Vampire, Midnight Thirsts 2, Tales of the Vampire: From A-Z, Once Sanguist, Twice Bi, The Reluctant Vampire and finally Demise of the Vampire Queen, all of which can be found on amazon.com

7. Can you tell us about your next great vampire story?
My next great vampire story outline has already been completed and a draft written. Now it's time to expand, edit, improve, etc. It will be a paranormal, romance, erotica, horror story. A little of everything in it for everyone. My main links are:
vampiregds for Twitter
thevampirequeen on several other sites like goodreads, book blogs, stumbleupon, etc.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment